After the extensive reconstruction of the castle in the 19th century, it was that part of the castle that was used by its owners as residential quarters, since these are the most beautiful and comfortable of the rooms. Their furnishings date mostly from the second half of the 19th century. Above the door, there are lavishly carved coats of arms of the families that the Draškovićs married with.
The Dining Room
The room is near the main staircase and its furnishings date back to the 1860s. All the furniture bears the coat of arms of the owner on whose well defined instructions it was made. Mobilliary includes a large built in wardrobe, a corner glass cabinet, a table, some leather chairs and a table wash basin. On display there is a part of the preserved china from the 18th and 19th centuries.
The Little Drawing Room
This room was designed as a place of amusement and relaxation after the meals. It was the only place in the castle where it was allowed to smoke. The room is decorated with paintings done in the 18th century manner featuring scenes of country life. It is furnished in Neo-Baroque style best illustrated with a small gambling table with a chess set.
The History of Trakošćan
The history of the Drašković family and the castle is presented in two rooms. There are displays of historical documents, historical banners and portraits of military commanders who served in Draškovićs army.
The Draškovićs and photography
This parts of the castle exhibits photographs taken by two members of Drašković family, Juraj VI and his nephew Karlo Drašković who are considered pioneers of photography in Croatia. Juraj VI Drašković was the first well known amateur photographer in Croatia. Karlo Drašković was one of the first art photographers in Croatia. His works are of excellent artistic and technical quality.
The Master Bedroom
It is situated in the eastern part of the main building and belonged to the owner of the castle. It is richly furnished in Neo-Baroque style, with exquisite casetted ceiling and a white, tower shaped tile stove.
The Bedroom Foyer
Stylistically and functionally it is connected with the bedroom. The furniture includes two large wardrobes, a cabinet and a standing mirror with the family’s emblem. There is also a portrait of the empress Maria Theresia.
The Small Library
It was used as a reading room and is furnished in Neo-Gothic style, with wall decorations and an open fireplace. The room displays two vases from 19th century and a lavishly gilded 18th century mirror.
The Prayer Room
In the reconstructed chapel of the castle there is a display of sacral items from the Drašković heritage. Instead of the altar that has not been preserved, there is a gilded monstrance, as well as two chalices dating from the 18th century. Among the sacral paintings on display, the most prominent is a Pieta by an unknown artist from the 18th century. The furnishings include a Baroque sacristy wardrobe. The focal point of the room is a well preserved Bible from 1747.
The Music Salon
It is even more lavishly decorated then the other rooms, because this was the room where the owners often spent time. An early kind of pianoforte with a wooden framing construction was made between 1833 and 1837 in the workshop of Conrad Graf, one of the most famous Viennese piano makers. The tile stove in Rococo style dates from the 18th century and is the oldest in the castle.
The room is a replica of the atelier of Countess Julijana E. Drašković (1847-1901). In her atelier there are still all those things that surrounded her in her work and daily life while staying in Trakošćan. Besides her works, mostly featuring women in traditional folk costumes from the region around Trakošćan, there is also a portrait of her husband Ivan as well as her self portrait by the piano. In the corner there are the portraits of Julijana and her sister Valeria, painted in the 1870s by Johann Till.